As Strategic Partner for Q8 Oils Optimum takes pleasure in offering two grades of Q8 Oils new top tier low-SAPS High Performance Synthetic Heavy Duty engine oil — Q8 Formula Truck 7000 FE 10W-30 and Q8 Formula Truck 7000 15W-40.
An advance on previous lubricating oils, Q8 Formula Truck 7000 oils are better or equal to all aspects of the new ACEA Class E9-16 specification for Heavy Duty Diesel Engines (HDDE) and many other specifications including the American API CK-4 engine oil standard. The oil is formulated to achieve extended drain intervals, and with its low Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus and Sulphur formulation reflects EU regulations to protect the health of humanity and the environment, making it an essential lubricant for deriving the best outcomes from Euro VI engines.
Tests against the limits prescribed in the new Volvo VDS 4.5 T 13 engine test, confirmed that Q8 Formula Truck 7000 was better or equal to the maximim allowed during the 360 hour oil oxidation test, and increases in viscosity. Reduced oil consumption was also noted. Refer to Figure 1 – Volvo VDS 4.5 T 13 engine test.
Q8 Formula Truck 7000 engine oils are for Euro IV, Euro V and Euro VI diesel engines equipped with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) or after treatment systems such as Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) operating on low sulphur diesel fuel (50 ppm or below) and under severe heavy duty conditions.
Drivers will benefit from:
• Excellent cold starting properties with diesel and bio-diesel fuels.
Transport managers will benefit from:
• Fuel economy improvements of 1.0% or more with Q8 Formula Truck 7000 FE 10W-30.
• Low viscosity SAE 10W-30 grade and shear stability saves on fuel consumption during warming-up phase and operation.
• Reduced engine wear due to quick lubrication after cold starting, lowers the cost of maintenance.
• Extended oil drain intervals.
• The same Q8 Formula Truck 7000 lubricating oils can be used for ACEA E9 and API CK-4 applications. Bulk buying and reduced oil stockholding reduces costs.
• Enhanced oil stability reduces oxidation, prevents wear and corrosion, maintains piston cleanliness, and protections against bore polishing and cam wear.
• Minimises diesel particulate filter (DPF/CRT) plugging, and protects catalytic after treatment systems (e.g. SCR)
Companies will benefit from:
• Increased driver availability.
• Reduced vehicle downtime.
• Cost savings on lower parts replacement and engineers time.
Q8 Formula Truck 7000 oils are compliant with ACEA E9, API CK-4 / CJ-4 / CI-4, MB 228.31, Detroit Diesel DFS93K222, MTU Type 2.1,Volvo VDS-4.5, Renault RLD-4, Mack EO-S 4.5, Deutz DQC III-10 LA, Cummins CES 20086, Cat ECF-3 / Cat ECF-2, Ford WSS-M2C171-F1 and JASO DH-2 specifications.
AVAILABLE THROUGH OPTIMUM OILS