Fire Resistant Hydraulic
With our supply partner Quaker, we offer a specialist fire-resistant hydraulic oil – QUINTOLUBRIC 888-46.
QUINTOLUBRIC 888-46 is designed to operate in oil hydraulic systems and fulfils the requirements set for fire-resistant hydraulic fluids of the type HFD-U.
Major applications : Steel industry
QUINTOLUBRIC 888-46 is based on synthetic organic esters and contains optimised additive packages. It does not contain water, phosphate ester or chlorinated hydrocarbons.
Unlike mineral oil, QUINTOLUBRIC 888-46 provides a very high level of fire resistance.
As an alternative to mineral oil, QUINTOLUBRIC 888-46 can be applied in ecologically-sensitive areas as the product has a low water endangering class and is biodegradable. QUINTOLUBRIC 888-46 assures a long fluid life and can be applied in systems that run under severe conditions in combination with little fluid refreshment.
QUINTOLUBRIC 888-46 is used as received. the fluid is filtered during production which means that re-filtration is unnecessary. Its high viscosity index and low pour point make it suitable for use at a wide temperature range. It has good cold start-up properties and offers a high viscosity at increased temperatures. To prolong fluid life the maximum recommended operating temperatures for QUINTOLUBRIC 888-46 are :
- In the reservoir max. 55° C
- In the system max. 70° C
- Good fire resistant properties
- Approved by Factory Mutual Approvals as Group 1 fluid
- Excellent lubrication properties
- Long fluid life
- Low aquatic toxicity : Water Endangering Class (WEC) = 1
- Biodegradability >80% according OECD 301-C
- Not irritating to skin
- Excellent shear stability
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Compatible with standard seal materials
- Cleanliness : max. NAS 1638 class 6 in bulk max. NAS 1638 class 7 in containers/drums
- Energy saving because of low density compared to other HFD type fluids